Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ice Cream Social

I always get stuck on cards for guys.  I - being a girl - am drawn towards the more feminine colors and patterns.  But, when making a handmade card for a gentleman, pink paper and frilly ribbon won't cut it.

This card is for my brother-in-law, who is the quintessential guy.  I knew I was pushing it just by giving him a handmade card.  So this one had to be less girly and more appealing to the manly man that he (thinks he) is.

Who doesn't like ice cream????

I started with a boy blue background, some chocolate brown ribbon to bring out the chocolate in the ice cream cone, and matted it on neutral colors and a simple pattern.  The cone was hand cut and embossed using a friend's CuttleBug.

The scoops were made by first punching a scalloped circle out of each of the colors for Neapolitan ice cream.  Then, cut them in half to look like the half circle of a scoop.

Happy birthday Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment