Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wicked fun!

If you have never been to an All Day Crop, I HIGHLY recommend going to one!

It is an all day event - usually 9am or 10am to 5pm or 6pm.  You get snacks, lunch, drinks, table space, raffles, vendors, make&takes, contests, and plenty of headspace to make some really wonderful scrapbook pages and cards.  Oh, and did I mention you are surrounded by people who are just as passionate about scrapbooking and just as creative as you are?

WICKED
I got the idea for this card from the Hero Arts blog.  Cut out an image (in this case, I chose a scary tree for my Halloween card) in a dark or bold color.  Layer it under a piece of vellum, then layer that under a window cut out.  (To cut out the window, I used my 12" papercutter.  But you can fussy cut, or use an exacto knife.) Add dark or bold accent pieces to the front of the card.  In the case of a Halloween card, it gives a nice foggy, shadowy look.  Just the touch of creepiness you need.


This technique can be used on any kind of card.  Making Christmas cards?  Layer a cutout of holly leaves and berries.  This gives it a snowy look.  Making a summer card?  Put a cutout of a sun under the vellum.  It gives the appearance of a hazy summer sky.

I spent a day or two planning out all my pages and cards I was going to put together during the Croptoberfest Crop that Susan and I went to this past weekend.  Organization is the key to having a successful crop day, in my opinion.  I cut out all my images, pulled out all the embellishments I wants to use, sorted my pictures into piles, and paired everything up with my paper.  Add a paperclip or shove it all into a plastic bag.  Then, when you hall your heavy bag of supplies over to the crop table, you simply have to sit and pull out that bag.  All the pieces will be in front of you, ready to go.

Looking forward to my next crop in a few weeks.  I have a LOT of catching up to do.  Life is always busy, so I fell behind on my scrapbooking.

Dreaming of the next crop...

No comments:

Post a Comment