Sunday, November 13, 2011

Be thankful!

Today I am thankful for:
My husband.

If you have followed my blog from the beginning, you are aware that my husband is anything but romantic.  Which is fine with me.  The sappy stuff, getting roses at work, shouting his love from the mountain tops, all that makes me a little uncomfortable and, frankly, embarrassed.  The sweetest thing my Husband has ever said to me was "There is a tiny small red spot on my black heart, just for you."

Well, today he said the second sweetest thing he has ever said to me.  We were cleaning the basement (thanks to Hurricane Irene, the mold got a little out of hand).  I wasn't wearing my mask, like I should have been.  Hubby asks me why I wasn't wearing it, to which I replied that I didn't like how it felt.  He says, "Put it on.  I don't want anything to happen to you."

I almost fainted! :)  Isn't that so sweet????

BE THANKFUL
I am always looking for something that isn't a traditional card.  Thanks to Deneen, a new scrapbooking friend I met at a crop, I have a new idea to use in future projects.  I know tags are not anything new, but I haven't worked with them before.  I was never very interested, until she did this project with us.


I could make these tags all day.  They are simple (my motto!) and colorful.  They trasport me instantly to a field of trees, where the leaves are turning such beautiful colors and falling slowly to the ground.

These tags are big enough that you could have a pretty design on the front and have plenty of room to write a nice note on the back.  Think place cards for your Thanksgiving feast, tied around the napkin or a peice of silverware.

You are the sweetest thing...

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwww. Too sweet. And I am thankful to count you both as my friends :)

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete