Friday, May 28, 2010

Somerset NJ Scrapbook Expo Part 1

The Somerset NJ Scrapbooking Expo was the most fun I have had in a long time.  Surrounded by people who are as excited about scrapbooking as I am, taught new techniques by people who are amazingly creative, getting ideas from what others have created, it is an amazing feeling.  I bought so many buttons (it is my husband's nickname for me!) that I started to count them and gave up half way through.  I got my first set of stamp pads, so now I can use all the awesome stamps I have been buying.  Check out my new profile pic!  I picked this cute little guy out at the Expo (Stamps by Judith booth) to be my mascot.  He will appear on all my projects.  I can't wait to keep stamping him!  I bought paper, embelishments and some basic supplies I needed to stock up on.  PS) To anyone who will be attending the Expo in the future, try to go on Friday, it is much less crowded and hectic.

The first picture is me and Hubby, David.  My cousin Kim was supposed to go with me the first day of tthe Expo, but wasn't feeling well.  So, instead of being depressed all day and maybe even going in late to work (I had taken a personal day), my Knight in Shining Armor put aside his pride and came with me.  He even did a Make & Take (to be revealed next post).  He carried my stuff, kept checking the map to make sure I hit all the booths, and then took me out for dinner and a movie afterwards.  I HEART him!

The second picture is of me again and my buddy Sue.  Some of you may know her from my previous posts.  We did (some of) the National Scrapbooking Day challenges together, and she is part of the Saturday Card Club.  She is my ultimate scrapbooking buddy!  She has great ideas that really inspire me.  She is so much fun to be around and we had a blast running around the Expo all day on day 2.

There were plenty of Make & Takes, which I will show you in my next post.  Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment