Sunday, March 27, 2011

Making more of less...

The fast approach of April  has forced me back to where I belong - sitting at my desk upstairs with the radio on, staring at uncut paper and unused embelishments.  With 8 birthdays and 2 baby showers next month, I need to get some cards done.

I got the idea for the cards below while I was at a StampinUp! Demonstration today.  This company turns out high quality products and has so many cute things to choose from. (http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/juliekudish/)

The leader, Julie, was distracted, so I rummaged through the pile of cards she had sitting on the side.  She had a card that was exremely simple: white card, black mat, and a black ink stamped design on a white rectangle.  I was so minimal, it was genius.

But I need some color in my life - just a touch...



The following StampinUp products were used in the making of these cards: whisper white 8 1/2x11 card stock, Something Sweet stamp set, extra large circle punch, basic black 12x12 card stock, melon mambo ink, (a stamp set from the Sale-a-bration catalog that I can't remember) and basic rhinestone jewels.  The circle in the middle of the "rattle" is popped up by a pop dot.

The cards are for the two baby showers, one of which is for twins!

Beauty doesn't always mean lots of coordianting colors, paterns, embelishments or stamps. Black and white with a touch of color is minimal, classic, crisp, clean and beatiful on its own...

No comments:

Post a Comment