Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tommy Turkey steps it up....

I have been completely unmotivated since I returned from the sun and sand of the Carribean.  Unmotivated to go to work, unmotivated to cook, unmotivated to be creative.  But it helps to find motivation when someone is holding you hostage.

Sue wouldn't let me leave her house until I finished a card.  So we worked on a Side Step Card.  I was excited because it was different then just throwing together a regular, linear card.

I decided on a Fall Theme.  Perhaps that contributes to my lack of motivation - while I was on the cruise, the seasons changed.  It went from summer to fall.  The weather got cooler and wet, the trees are changing colors, and next weekend we will be going pumpkin and apple picking.  Yep, fall is here. 

Don't get me wrong, I love fall.  But I just got off the cruise.  I didn't want fall to come just yet.  I wanted to hold on to the bathing suit weather just a little longer....

TOMMY TURKEY
Say hello to my lil' friend...



The picture doesn't give it justice.  The instructions to make your own side step card can be found here: Split Coast Stampers, posted by Beate Jones

It was amazingly simple.  As usual, I looked at the picture of THEIR card and said to myself "looks to complicated, I probably couldn't figure it out."  But Sue - as is her way - dives headlong into the challange as if she was Super Woman.  And I dove right after her, saying "what the heck, why not".

It wasnt't really a challenge.  The only suggestion I will make is this:  when you are scoring the longer side (3inches), turn the paper the other way.  It's actually easier to do it opposite the directions.  Just takes a little extra math...

See you soon...

1 comment:

  1. Awwww shucks, you love me, you really love me :D The card is AWESOME!!!

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete